Forum Discription: Your Questions about Barrett's Oesophagus
URL: http://www.barrettscampaign.org.uk/forum//forum_posts.asp?TID=346
Printed Date: 10 Aug 2020 at 12:43am

Topic: PPi's
Posted By: Cork
Subject: PPi's
Date Posted: 07 Feb 2010 at 9:59am
Hi,
I have tried Rabeprazol,Esomeprazol and Lansprazol, all give me a slight headache but the main problem is that I wake up three / four time a night with a very dry mouth, tongue ´stuck `to the roof of my mouth. Is this a common problem and is there any cure / relief?

What is the general feeling about having a surgical operation, to have or not ?. The success rate seems to vary a great deal. I am 82 years, quite fit, diagnosed with Barrett's three years ago.

Regards Cork

Replies:
Posted By: notlob54
Date Posted: 07 Feb 2010 at 2:48pm
Hi I am Lorraine.  I am 59 years old and have just been diagnosed with barretts but think I have had it for quite some time.

I had an operation 6 years ago which did not work unfortunately for me but I am seriously thinking about having another operation as I hate taking meds. 

I really do not know what to think.  What does your G.P. think.  They usually like you to take meds.  I thought the success rate of the op was about 95% which is a good rate.

Any way I wish you luck whatever you decide. 

Regards.

Lorraine

Posted By: jcombs99
Date Posted: 07 Feb 2010 at 3:17pm
lorraine
    I'm in the same boat, fundos work about 95% of the time IF the doctor is great and last like 10 years . The deal is they are VERY HARD TO REDO and only work like 80% of the time and you could wake up missing part of your E ... Also there are very few doctors who want to take this on .I'm done lookin for one (6 so far)so I will work with the ppi's for now .
      I get scoped (egd) every 3 months so anything can change (normal last 2).One good thing last year my pills where like $10 a day now $1.50 a day OTC .

Fundo, HGD JEFF

Print Page | Close Window