Forum Discription: Your Questions about Barrett's Oesophagus
URL: http://www.barrettscampaign.org.uk/forum//forum_posts.asp?TID=1995
Printed Date: 19áJulá2019 at 2:04am

Topic: Beer and Barrett?
Posted By: nasdaq
Subject: Beer and Barrett?
Date Posted: 07áNová2018 at 8:54am
Hi together,

I just want to ask if you drink beer from time to time?
Sometimes I want to go out with my friends and want to have 1 to 3 beers - sitting relaxing and have fun. This will be at most once a month.

Do you think this will worsen the barrett status?

(Actually I did not do this because I'm in fear of the alcohol - but this can not be a solution for the rest of my life)

All the best

Replies:
Posted By: steveb8189
Date Posted: 09áNová2018 at 7:16am
Anything fizzy will likely cause an increase in your reflux symptoms. If you drink bitter or stout that may be better than lager.

Whether it will make you Barrett's worse is a much more complex question which nobody really has the answer to. If you wake the PPIs then anything you do relfux should be less acidic which will mean it causes less damage.

Posted By: nasdaq
Date Posted: 09áNová2018 at 8:54am
Thxs - I know that but I don┤t have any reflux problems since i don┤t eat late at night and rise my upper body when I sleep. Those two arrangements helped me not to have reflux symptoms (sometimes I have to clearing my throat after a meal)

By the way I never drink fuzzy drinks -- instead I want to have sometimes 1 or 2 Beers with my friends.

But yes I know the problematic that nobody can tell you exactly what is right and what is wrong with that.

[IMG]smileys/smiley5.gif" align="middle" />

Print Page | Close Window