Support Forum
 Barrett's Support Forum :Barrett's Support Forum :Support Forum
Message Icon Topic: Endoscopy done Post Reply Post New Topic
loup

Online Status: Offline
Quote loup Replybullet Topic: Endoscopy done
    Posted: 20 Mar 2012 at 7:59pm
Hi everyone. After weeks of worry and anxiety today was the day for my endoscopy. I was very nervous but the staff at the unit were fantastic and put me at ease. Didn't get the lovely sleep I was expecting with the sedation but on the whole the procedure was bearable and over in minutes.
Anyway, diagnoses was Duodenitis and mild gastritis in the stomach. I also tested positive for helicobactor for which I need to see my GP for teatment. My oesophogas was NORMAL!! So, I am obviously relieved but will be happier once I have seen my GP to see where we go from here.
Anyway, I just wanted to thank everyone here for the support you have given me-an extremely distressed newbie who a few weeks ago could see nothing but the worst case scenario! You gave me the help and reassuarance that I could not get anywhere else and I thank you for that and wish you all well. Thankyou.
IP IP Logged
jcombs99

Quote jcombs99 Replybullet Posted: 20 Mar 2012 at 8:17pm
Loup
   THAT"S GREAT enjoy your nonbarretts life and take your ppi's.I'm sure you researched H-p make sure you get tested so it's gone not just guess it is . My buddy had that and it take 9 months to get rid of it..Holding up his other treatments so it will be a long time before he gets halo .

GREAT

Jeff
IP IP Logged
loup

Quote loup Replybullet Posted: 20 Mar 2012 at 8:40pm
Thankyou Jeff Will get the full picture on the H-p from my GP soon-hopefully it will clear up in no time.
This is a great support group you are part of-keep it up!
All the best.
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version