Barrett's Oesophagus
 Barrett's Support Forum :Barrett's Support Forum :Barrett's Oesophagus
Message Icon Event: Six Months Since Fundo !?! - Event Date: 17 Mar 2012 Post Reply Post New Topic
bouncethruit
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Quote bouncethruit Replybullet Calendar Event: Six Months Since Fundo !?!
    Posted: 18 Mar 2012 at 5:32pm
Ying%20YangSix Months Since Fundo have now ellapsed, unfortunately it would appear through discussions with my docs that it has not worked.  I am still on high doseages of PPI's and Domperidone, I apparently also had a hiyatus hernia operation.
Broken%20HeartI am now suffering from a pulling sensation internally on the left side of my stomach which is horrible - I am wondering if this might be as a consequence of my hernia operation and nerve endings maybe rehealing?   I  now get a sore throat which I never had before and stupid cough and dry throat, the list is endless!  I also have a dry, sensation at the back of my nose like you do when you spend too long in chlorine.
Thumbs%20UpNew appointment in pipeline for follow-up endoscopy.  Appointment with consultant who did op. set for 01/06/12.  Waiting times are extremely bad where I live.
GeekCan anyone suggest what maybe happening inside my stomach.

Thank YouWink
Gilly, Wales

Edited by bouncethruit - 18 Mar 2012 at 5:34pm
GfromWalesUK
IP IP Logged
bouncethruit
Groupie
Groupie

Quote bouncethruit Replybullet Posted: 17 Apr 2012 at 6:24pm
LampI Googled *Nissen Fundoloplication + when things go wrong" and was really glad I did. 
I came through to a USA Site where someone mentioned a "twisted stomach"  as a result of the fundo and he outlined similar problems to me. 

Apparently the left-hand-side of the stomach is the place the surgeons have to be very wary about.  I wish I had read this website before my surgery. 
There is a also lot of mention of a "paralyzed stomach" post fundo. 

Has anyone else encountered this sort of difficulty or even heard of a "twisted stomach"?  I would be really grateful because I am a bit concerned about what's going on inside to say the least! 

I really think that with you health it pays to learn as much as you can.

Cheers!Confused

GfromWalesUK
IP IP Logged
chrisrob

Quote chrisrob Replybullet Posted: 17 Apr 2012 at 8:01pm
Oh dear, Gilly,

I am sorry you are having so much trouble and pain.
I have read horror stories of where things have gone wrong before though the majority of people I know who have had the operation (like me) have been pleased they had it.

Most people who have the operation have a hiatus hernia which is repaired at the same time.
My last gastroscopy - two years ago, one year after my fundo - revealed my stomach has been twisted around, too, but I haven't experienced any pain. I'm wondering whether you may have adhesions?

Have you received any suggestions form your GP?

Hopefully your follow up scope will tell you more - pity you have to wait until June.

All the best

Chris
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version