Support Forum
 Barrett's Support Forum :Barrett's Support Forum :Support Forum
Message Icon Event: "Stretchy" Oesophagus - Event Date: 06 Apr 2011 Post Reply Post New Topic
bouncethruit
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Quote bouncethruit Replybullet Calendar Event: "Stretchy" Oesophagus
    Posted: 06 Apr 2011 at 12:32pm
Hi Fellow Sufferers!

I have a bit of a weird situation on my hands.  Last year (2010) I cut down my food intake as much as possible, this was even before Barrett's was diagnosed.

Now I'm on Lanzoprazole, Ranitidine and Domperidome and I am tolerably able to eat.  I have noticed that when I eat moderate portions compared to the non-existent ones of last year, my reflux appears to increase much more and the acid splashing is hard to control by drugs.  All I every do is burp!!!  I hasten to add I am due a fundo operation with DES in June.

My Manometry test read a reading of 8(?) which also apparently showed a high acid reflux when also exposed to stress. 

I have never ever suffered from any heartburn, the only way I know I have acid reflux is by the stuff attacking my sinuses and eye sockets, throat and lungs etc.  My voice is now deeper and I am not a happy bunny to say the least.

It also now feels as if my oesophagus has expanded!  I guess I will have to practically go back to eating nothing to make it shrink back down?

PerplexedConfusedG

Edited by bouncethruit - 06 Apr 2011 at 12:33pm
GfromWalesUK
IP IP Logged
jcombs99

Quote jcombs99 Replybullet Posted: 06 Apr 2011 at 7:11pm
B
   I don't know what the good numbers are on that test (google it)but my PH test was 1.1 Demesster(great).. Run this by your Fundo Doc BUT I think you should be eating and YOUR weight should what you want them to be for the next 20 yrs. This is so you don't MESS with the Fundo wrap (common sense)...

Good Luck

Fundo HGD JEFF .
IP IP Logged
bouncethruit
Groupie
Groupie

Quote bouncethruit Replybullet Posted: 07 Apr 2011 at 2:54pm
Thanks for thatSmile

I also can't stop hiccuping in arkward situations (people I guess assume I've been drinking!!!)  Ha,ha,ha!  I have also noticed that I occasionally whistle when I breath which is really weird so there is obviously something amiss in the nasopharangeal department

I don't drink and I don't smoke - lifestyle change!

Fundo has got to go ahead, can't go on like this... 
I am also sick of sleeping practically sitting up.

Yay!  Keep the faith.Big%20smile

Edited by bouncethruit - 07 Apr 2011 at 3:02pm
GfromWalesUK
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version