Barrett's Oesophagus
 Barrett's Support Forum :Barrett's Support Forum :Barrett's Oesophagus
Message Icon Event: Newly diagnosed - Event Date: 31 Oct 2010 Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 11 Next >>
Jojo

Online Status: Offline
Quote Jojo Replybullet Posted: 18 Nov 2010 at 10:36pm
Went today for CT scan. Injected with a dye suppose so that they can see things more clearly. Back for my results on 1st Dec . The waiting seems to be the hardest.
IP IP Logged
jcombs99

Quote jcombs99 Replybullet Posted: 18 Nov 2010 at 10:44pm
JoJo
   Keep your head up high , take your pills and watch your diet . So when they scope you again they can see clearly ..

Take Care , HGD Jeffrey
IP IP Logged
lizthebob

Quote lizthebob Replybullet Posted: 19 Nov 2010 at 4:15pm
glad you have had the scan done now. Thinking of you as I know the waiting is the hardest part. Try to forget about it as much as you can.
Take care.
Liz

IP IP Logged
Terrapin54
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Terrapin54 Replybullet Posted: 21 Nov 2010 at 2:52pm
Hi JoJo,
I've recently been diagnosed too (last week), and don't know yet how serious it is.  I've had a CT and MRI scan, but don't know the outcome of either yet. I'm going to see the consultant again on 7th Dec. and agree that the waiting is hard. As lots of people have mentioned, at least its been diagnosed and treatment can be given. Good luck with your own results. I'll post mine when I get them.
Richard
IP IP Logged
jcombs99

Quote jcombs99 Replybullet Posted: 21 Nov 2010 at 6:00pm
Rich
   When you go in on Dec. 7th make sure you take someone WITH you to liston to the doctor . MAKE sure you get a copy of the doctors report and ALL tests reports BEFORE you leave(they forget to tell you some things)..Then google every word you don't understand..As everyone on this website knows the NHS only spends money when it HAS to.

Been there too

HGD JEFF

Edited by jcombs99 - 22 Nov 2010 at 12:28am
IP IP Logged
Jojo

Quote Jojo Replybullet Posted: 04 Dec 2010 at 11:24pm
Oh well went for results Mon1st Dec. Not good news, have found Cancer cell. Had me back on Tues 2nd Dec for another scope , This one was with a scan on it. Got a phone call from the hospital on Fri 3rd Dec arrangements have been made for a PET scan on Tues 7th Dec.  Everything seems to be moving so quick now  Doctor explained the options available to me and he seems quite optimistic that it has been caught in the early stages.Have to wait for PET scan results and all being well he said he is going to try to cut the cell away then hopefully HALO next  I have every confidence in my doctor and suppose i am very lucky to have one of the best in the country. This i have been told. Just hoping PET scan goes well 

Thinking of you all especially you Liz xx

Edited by Jojo - 04 Dec 2010 at 11:26pm
IP IP Logged
jcombs99

Quote jcombs99 Replybullet Posted: 05 Dec 2010 at 6:05pm
Jojo
Very sorry to hear you have cancer but at least they found it and are moveing fast on this. Sounds like a stage 0 to me , are they going to do an EMR on you to remove it or something elsa?I waited for 2 years for cancer to pop up because they couldn't rule it out in my case . Then I just forgot about it and called myself cured. Keep us posted with the details and tests you are takeing , that will help all a lot .I think you will be the second person to have halo on this blog . I think I'm the first .

Take Care of yourself and try to keep busy

HGD JEFF
IP IP Logged
Jojo

Quote Jojo Replybullet Posted: 05 Dec 2010 at 7:40pm
Yes they are doing an EMR, Depending on results from PET scan. I certainly will keep you posted Jeff. Still getting used to all the jargon eg EUS  EMR CT PET scans its all mind boggling JOAN x
IP IP Logged
Gigi

Quote Gigi Replybullet Posted: 06 Dec 2010 at 10:06am
Hi Joan. Sorry the news wasn't great. Hope they look after you really well. Good luck with your treatments.
Very best wishes,
Gill
IP IP Logged
Terrapin54
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Terrapin54 Replybullet Posted: 10 Dec 2010 at 7:31pm
Saw the consultant today. Biopsy shows metaplasia so only need to go back for a scope in two years time. Started on Omeprizole two weeks ago. Some side effects at first, dizzy, light headed, but these seem to have passed. Has helped with relux though. Still got other GI problems which scans haven't id yet, so got to go back in January. More blood tests today.

I'll certainly continue with forum as things develop. Thanks to all.
RichardSmile
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 11 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version