Barrett's Campaign Website
 Barrett's Support Forum :Barrett's Support Forum :Barrett's Campaign Website
Message Icon Event: HALO in the UK for NonDysplasia - Event Date: 13 Oct 2010 Post Reply Post New Topic
Allan

Online Status: Offline
Quote Allan Replybullet Calendar Event: HALO in the UK for NonDysplasia
    Posted: 13 Oct 2010 at 3:32pm
Hi
I am new to the Forums having been told today that I have developed Barrett's after 10 years of hiatus hernia and GERD. The reaction has been to search out information and I am grateful to have found the Campaign web site and Support Forum, which I have been reading through. I suppose, like many, I have taken a perspective that the development of further abnormalities is only a matter of time whether the changes are monitored or not.
This has led me to the NICE paper on HALO which has stopped short of recognising HALO as an appropriate treatment for Barrett's without dysplasia. In Glasgow, Scotland, it is being hailed as a cure for Barrett's by one of the Consultants taking part in a UK trial. In this regard it seems that HALO treatment in the UK to the same clinical trials even though the treatment is widely available in the USA. I won't know my actual condition until biopsy results arrive but does anyone know how widely available the HALO treatment is in the UK and what the position is in Europe?
IP IP Logged
Allan

Quote Allan Replybullet Posted: 13 Oct 2010 at 3:34pm
I meant to say that HALO treatment in the UK seems only to be available through the clinical trials.
IP IP Logged
admin
Admin Group
Admin Group

Barretts Forum Admin

Quote admin Replybullet Posted: 17 Nov 2010 at 1:40pm
Hi Allan

Just to let you know that we have now posted information about HALO on the website including how it works and treatment areas.

About The HALO System
Where HALO Treatment is Available

Hope this helps.
View the Barrett's Campaign website at http://www.barrettscampaign.org.uk/
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version