Barrett's Support Forum :Barrett's Support Forum :Support Forum
Message Icon Topic: Afraid - yet another problem Post Reply Post New Topic
Page  of 2 Next >>
Moggs

Online Status: Offline
Quote Moggs Replybullet Topic: Afraid - yet another problem
    Posted: 10 Oct 2010 at 7:39pm
Hi

I'm a bit scared had a mamograph acouple of weeks ago, got called back last Tuesday thought just routine & pics not come out right - as has happened in past - but Oh NO there's a suspicious shade showing up. Had another mamograph there and then -  still there - so had to have biopsie by deep needle = very uncomfortable. Go back tomorrow pm for result.

However since last weeks biopsies   I've rec letter from hospital with another appointment straight after my result one for further discussion on what's been seen on mamograph. I'm really in a state of panic at times last few days and esspecially today. I'm already on anit-depressants for a nervous break down in April. Took extra tablet today - it's helped a bit but stomach still in knots.

Also see my GP Tuesday re depression so perhaps she'll calm me she's very understanding.

Hubby on tender hooks too esspecially as he's on a non smoking treatment the doc started for him last week which makes him a bit snappy!

So fingers crossed it's a false alarm - I've been called back once in past but thet did not involve a biopsy it was just a minor thing not requiring biopsy.

Speek soon if I feal up to it

Moggs

IP IP Logged
lizthebob

Quote lizthebob Replybullet Posted: 10 Oct 2010 at 7:47pm
Moggs
My heart goes out to you as I know just what you must be going through at the moment. Just try and take one day at a time...or as I am trying to do... one hour at a time. It's the not knowing and the waiting that is soo hard.
Can't really say anymore except that you are in my thoughts loads!
Liz
x
IP IP Logged
domo

Quote domo Replybullet Posted: 10 Oct 2010 at 8:26pm
My thoughts with you both.  I had a recall after a mammogram 4 years ago - was taken into a "bad news room" (low chairs, uplighters etc ) for briefing  before repeat mammogram & ultrasound.  It turned out ok for me then, but still remember how it felt. Hang in there.  
D. 
IP IP Logged
sammie

Quote sammie Replybullet Posted: 10 Oct 2010 at 11:29pm
Moggs,

I can only echo what domo says and tell you to hang in there. I've been called back in for a repeat mammogram & utltrasound, too, and I remember how it felt.  I'll keep good thoughts for you.

sammie
IP IP Logged
Moggs

Quote Moggs Replybullet Posted: 14 Oct 2010 at 11:40am
Hi everyone

Thanks for your good  luck wishes re my mamograph results.

Unfortunately there is a problem but they may have caught it in time.  Cry

I do have cancer in by breast but it is DCIS ( Ductal Carcinoma In Situ) i.e. it is in the milk duct and has not yet spread to the rest of the breast. However, I do have to have it removed before it can go any further & spread to the other tissue. They will also take a bit of the surrounding tissue to check it has not started to spread   It means I will not loose my breast and will not have to have chemo but will need Radiotherepy to reduce the risk of further breast changes or spreading.

I'm booked in to have it done on Tues 26 October with over night stay afterwards as long as all is OK when they do it.

The hospital here in Ipswich is very good I have been assigned my own nurse and I can call her anytime before & after if I need to speak to anyone or  feel  down.

I had a bad morning yesterday when it hit me and cried my eyes out but feel a bit better about it now. I think having told family & close friends has helped because even if they do not live near they are a support on the end of line to. I'm not sleeeping to well either - be glad when 26th is here & gone. Saw my GP on Tuesday for routine chek on my depression she was shocked to  & has upped one of my tablets (I'd only reduced a month ago as I was feeling a bit better!) diazapam. 

I have been advised I must ensure I take all my lanzerprozal as the op will probably make me produce more acid. 

As you can imagine my mind is in termol at times.  

So any females out there if your due to have routine mamorgraphs be sure to have them this was caught early  at my 3 yearly one, & as I said, before it spread. I will now have to have one every year for the next 5 years after my op to ensure it does not come back.

Again thank you for your support & at least my barretts seems to be under control at present!!

Moggs

IP IP Logged
headyheady
Groupie
Groupie

Quote headyheady Replybullet Posted: 15 Oct 2010 at 8:34am
Hello

As a member of this forum I was sorry to hear of your news.  However your op will soon be all over and you will be able to get well again and put it behind you.  It sounds like they have caught it in the nick of time.

IP IP Logged
jcombs99

Quote jcombs99 Replybullet Posted: 15 Oct 2010 at 2:34pm
Moggs
    Did you look around to see IF you could get in a clinic trial ?? My sister in-law is in one at John Hopkins for the last 15 yrs and is doing well. She goes for 2 weeks every 6 months for tests.

Take care HGD JEFF
IP IP Logged
lizthebob

Quote lizthebob Replybullet Posted: 15 Oct 2010 at 6:34pm
So sorry to hear that Moggs. But as you say, it looks like it has been caught early and they can deal with it.
I am going into hospital on the 26th October to start my first cycle of chemo so I shall think of you loads!!
Liz
IP IP Logged
Moggs

Quote Moggs Replybullet Posted: 17 Oct 2010 at 6:51pm
Thanks for your good wishes.

I need cheering up weekends been awful. I've been really up tight over the cancer and afraid I have taken it out on my poor hubby. I feel woobly about having it done in just under 2 weeks time 26th October and the radiology treatment afterwards. I've been sick a lot too as worrying a lot so probably not helping my Barretts either, as can't keep tablets down. Cry

Wish it could be over & done with this week!

All the best for you Liz too. Hug

Moggs
IP IP Logged
lizthebob

Quote lizthebob Replybullet Posted: 17 Oct 2010 at 9:47pm
Moggs, I wish I could give you a big hug!!
I feel your feelings. Weekends have been the worst for me since the diagnosis. There is no way you can explain how it feels to other people.
I am hoping that, although I am dreading chemo and surgery, that once it all starts it might be easier to deal with in my head. For me it is knowing the thing is there but feeling like nothing is happening. I am sooooo scared about chemo but I want to sort this thing.
Please have a big virtual hug from me and I will carry on thinking of you.. As for taking it out on hubby... that is completely normal and I am sure he can handle it!
Liz
x
IP IP Logged
Page  of 2 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version