Support Forum
 Barrett's Support Forum :Barrett's Support Forum :Support Forum
Message Icon Topic: Removal of Gall Bladder = now "drowning" in bile! Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 7
chrisrob

Online Status: Offline
Quote chrisrob Replybullet Posted: 25 Mar 2011 at 12:10pm
Hi Richard,

It's not actually the Barrett's but the acid reflux that caused the Barrett's that may be attacking your nasal cavities etc.

There were some research data released recently regarding the use of PPIs as a way of treating otitis media in children.

Chris
IP IP Logged
RichardT

Quote RichardT Replybullet Posted: 25 Mar 2011 at 2:25pm
> Until your remarks I had never associated it with Barrett's. I
> often get a runny nose when eating (bit embarrasing sometimes) and
> for the first time yesterday noticed the slight itching at the back
> of my eyes too.

When you are eating normal muscle action in the oesophagus would make reflux impossible.

Reflux of solids happens after eating particularly, when the stomach is full. Liquid reflux occurs when the stomach is empty - so almost any time!
www sites and contact:
www.Torrens.org.uk/Med/
www.GreenBottom.org

IP IP Logged
bouncethruit
Groupie
Groupie

Quote bouncethruit Replybullet Posted: 06 Apr 2011 at 11:58am
Hi Guys!

I like to read your posts when the going gets just a little tough at this end.  On the subject of the runny nose, its only since I started seriously developing GORD that I noticed just how badly my nose starts to drip (worse in cold weather).  It is really embarrassing, especially when your looking real pretty ready to go out with full make-up etc.  Of course, being guys you wouldn't have that problem...

In addition, my Dad died of a condition called Pulmonary Fibrosis.  His nose continually dripped just like mine, he always suffered from acid indigestion terribly and it is from his side of the family that I reckon the gallstones also come from.  I am extremely concerned to say the least that the eternally dripping conk is going to go on to cause Pulmonary Fibrosis in my lungs. 

I am totally convinced there is a connection between the GORD and lung disease, it stands to reason.

Any thoughts?

CheersWink
G

GfromWalesUK
IP IP Logged
chrisrob

Quote chrisrob Replybullet Posted: 06 Apr 2011 at 12:54pm
Hi G,

When my worst symptom was the cough, in the days when my GP was sending me to ENT and before I understood the reflux cause, I found this American website and asked some pertinent question. receiving the answer a few weeks later that GORD certainly can damage your lungs but once the acid reflux has been stopped, your lungs can start to recover.
I don't know whether he is still actively answering lung questions as it appears his last post is 2009 but searching his previous answers may help?

Chris
IP IP Logged
bouncethruit
Groupie
Groupie

Quote bouncethruit Replybullet Posted: 07 Apr 2011 at 3:14pm
WinkThanks Chris,

It's only by comparing notes with other sufferers that you realise what is going on with your condition.  There is nothing worse than having to face the World on your own, or when no-one understands what is going on with you.  Its ghastly. 

Even my two daughters just look at me when I explain that I sometimes consciously have to make my oesophagus swallow.  I think this is hard work and its this internal maniplation that is quietly tiring me out.  I fall asleep on the sofa more easily than I ever used to.

This is a tough condition to have to live with although I find mixing with people (when my nose isn't running, oh joy!)  Helps tremendously.

Not many people are able to empathise except for actual sufferers.

Cheers,
Gilly 
GfromWalesUK
IP IP Logged
briankeating

Quote briankeating Replybullet Posted: 23 Jul 2011 at 12:10pm
Hey i just had my and it was quite painful so I am hoping to get well soon please send me wishes so that i get back to normal soon
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 7
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version