Barrett's Campaign Website
 Barrett's Support Forum :Barrett's Support Forum :Barrett's Campaign Website
Message Icon Topic: LE-JOG Post Reply Post New Topic
Claire T

Online Status: Offline
Quote Claire T Replybullet Topic: LE-JOG
    Posted: 13†Apr†2010 at 1:16pm

Hello Everyone

Starting 1st May I will be cycling from Lands End to John O Groats (LE-JOG) to help raise funds for the Wessex branch "HALO" radio frequency ablation device campaign.

In September 2007 I lost my husband to cancer of the oesophagus. In amongst all the emotions at that time was a desire to help prevent others having to go through what we did and that's when I found and got involved with BOC.

In 2008 I organised a sponsored cycle ride around the Isle of Wight. This raised £10,000 which is now being used to fund prizes for research into Barretts and oesophageal cancer. LE-JOG is the next challenge!

I'm posting here to see if any of you might be prepared to support me through sponsorship. I will by cycling about 70 miles a day every day for 2 weeks along with two friends who have been by my side through the turmoil of the last couple of years. The training alone has been very tough and I'd be extremely grateful if you felt able to support me (look me up on "Just-Giving" for more information).

Thanks in advance
Claire Twort Big%20smile
IP IP Logged
chrisrob

Quote chrisrob Replybullet Posted: 13†Apr†2010 at 1:22pm
All the best, Claire.

For those who haven't found Claire's just giving page, you may reach it here: http://www.justgiving.com/Claire-Twort

Chris

Edited by chrisrob - 13†Apr†2010 at 1:35pm
IP IP Logged
chrisrob

Quote chrisrob Replybullet Posted: 11†May†2010 at 11:08am
For those interested in her progress, Claire may be tracked via the website she has set up for this event here: Claire's LEJOG pages.
As I write this, I see she is heading between Loch Eck and Loch Fyne on course to complete her marathon cycle on Saturday.
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version