Barrett's Oesophagus
 Barrett's Support Forum :Barrett's Support Forum :Barrett's Oesophagus
Message Icon Topic: Any other people in 20's with barretts??? Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 3 Next >>
Dlint

Online Status: Offline
Quote Dlint Replybullet Posted: 22áMará2010 at 4:45am
Hi sez, have u cut anything out of ur diet? I'm on 40mg nexium a day and still getting odd big of reflux
IP IP Logged
sez606

Quote sez606 Replybullet Posted: 22áMará2010 at 11:43am

Hi, have cut back on alcohol, pastry & stopped smoking.  Had an endoscopy this morning & good news, my barretts has stayed at 1cm and there is signs of repair to my oesophagus so don't have to have another for 5 years. Clap have u changed anything yet?

IP IP Logged
Dlint

Quote Dlint Replybullet Posted: 23áMará2010 at 11:05am
That's great news I'm sure that is a relief! I cut out caffeine,fizzy drinks,tomatoes and def no more curries either. Still enjoy my wine at weekend tho!in moderation of course! Dr said to cut back on chocolate too which is hard! Still having but of reflux so keeping food diary to see what is triggering it off
IP IP Logged
jennm

Quote jennm Replybullet Posted: 24áMará2010 at 9:16am
I'm 23 and I was just diagnosed....what does this mean for us youngins long term I wonder??
IP IP Logged
Dlint

Quote Dlint Replybullet Posted: 25áMará2010 at 11:50pm
Hi jennm, iv just been diagnosed and outlook doesn't seem as scary as I first thought. I will be having endoscopy every 2 yrs to make sure there's no change in the cells. On nexium 40mg everyday and have cut out caffeine, spicy foods etc which would give me symptoms.
IP IP Logged
worried mother
Newbie Plus
Newbie Plus

Quote worried mother Replybullet Posted: 27áMará2010 at 5:20pm
Hi sorry to hear you are in the club ....... so to speak.

My daughter was just 7yrs old - she is now about to have her 2nd op.

My daughter has 2 consultants (they work together) and a surgeon and I have asked all of them about long term outlook, unfortunatly the consultants have informed me that long term medication can cause problems but the surgeon say not. I guess they don't know enough about long term yet.

All the guys on this forum are really nice, have great advice and are very supportive.

x

Edited by worried mother - 27áMará2010 at 5:25pm
IP IP Logged
Szabi

Quote Szabi Replybullet Posted: 27áMará2010 at 10:18pm
Hi everyone,

I'm 27, I've been diagnosed with 8mm Barrett's Metaplasia 2,5 years ago.:( I am taking Controloc 2x40Mg  and having yearly checks. Is anyone heard about  Ionized water? Is it good for reflux/barrett?

IP IP Logged
chrisrob

Quote chrisrob Replybullet Posted: 28áMará2010 at 11:48am
Hi Szabi and welcome.

Controloc is a brand name for pantoprazole, a proton pump inhibitor. Others are omeprazole, lansoprazole, rabinerole and esomeprazole. They're all very similar and reduce the amount of acid produced in the stomach.

Barrett's thrives in an acid environment and current treatment is to reduce the acid or stop it refluxing into the oesophagus.

As for ionised water. Forget it. It's a way to get the gullible to part with money. See this item: http://www.chem1.com/CQ/ionbunk.html

If the link doesn't work, try copying and pasting it into your browser (or Google "ionised water").

All the best

Chris
IP IP Logged
Szabi

Quote Szabi Replybullet Posted: 28áMará2010 at 9:06pm
Hey Chris,

Thanks for the useful info regarding ionised water. My dad just bought a water ioniser  as he has got reflux as well, should I advise him to sell it?

Take care,

Szabi
IP IP Logged
jcombs99

Quote jcombs99 Replybullet Posted: 28áMará2010 at 9:19pm
Szabi
   No throw it out or RETURN IT and both of you should go to a Great GI and work with the doctor to fix this .Why rip someone off just because you got ripped off .Live and learn .

JEFF
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 3 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version