Barrett's Campaign Website
 Barrett's Support Forum :Barrett's Support Forum :Barrett's Campaign Website
Message Icon Topic: Have we an Intruder on site - silly messages comin Post Reply Post New Topic
Moggs

Online Status: Offline
Quote Moggs Replybullet Topic: Have we an Intruder on site - silly messages comin
    Posted: 19 Jul 2009 at 6:41pm
Chris

I have just been into the site there seems to me something is wrong.

Have we been infiltrated? a new member -  ran lin 1r  - has posted a lot of messages  on the site which do not pertain to Barretts  (these seem to have been posted on Saturday 18 July)  They seem rather odd to me

These all came through my e-mail (and probably every other members) with subjest as  - ' NICE Guidance for Halo'.

Sorry  to both you when you've not been so good but thought you should know . ExclamationQuestion

Moggs

Edited by Moggs - 19 Jul 2009 at 6:46pm
IP IP Logged
chrisrob

Quote chrisrob Replybullet Posted: 19 Jul 2009 at 6:50pm
Hi Moggs,

Although I am on here all the time and seem to almost "run the show", I have no powers over who posts what. This isn't the first time something like this has happened and I agree it's plain stupid.

I have reported the posts. They usually get removed immediately but the invigilator must be away.

Thanks

Chris
IP IP Logged
jcombs99

Quote jcombs99 Replybullet Posted: 25 Aug 2009 at 4:34am
     Don't waste your time on the lot, maybe they will go ago . I've seen them on other websites .

HGD JEFF
IP IP Logged
admin
Admin Group
Admin Group

Barretts Forum Admin

Quote admin Replybullet Posted: 31 Aug 2009 at 11:28am
Hello Moggs, Chris and Jeff

Firstly apologies over the delay getting the messages and user removed.

My name is Richard and I've recently taken over as Forum Admin and have been through and removed the messages and user and blocked their IP address (based in China).

I've also set myself up to be notified of new posts etc so hopefully we can keep the forum reasonably free of spam and non related topics.

Whilst this doesn't ensure they will never post again, I should now be able to get anything like this blocked / removed a lot quicker.

If you do spot anything, please feel free to message me via the forum and I'll get on to it as quickly as possible.

Regards
Richard
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version