Barrett's Oesophagus
 Barrett's Support Forum :Barrett's Support Forum :Barrett's Oesophagus
Message Icon Event: Small segment Barrett's - Event Date: 16áSepá2020 Post Reply Post New Topic
BMFP

Online Status: Offline
Quote BMFP Replybullet Calendar Event: Small segment Barrett's
    Posted: 16áSepá2020 at 3:07pm
  I am a 67yr old male I have a short segment of Barrett's non-circumferential about 1cm with no dysplasia. Two consultants have looked at my endoscopy report and pictures and have advised me on the treatment. PPI dose step up and down  according to the symptoms.
I do not suffer from heartburn or reflux but do have throat clearing in the morning. I can eat and drink anything without any symptoms. I am currently on omeprazole 20mg once per day
and 2x5ml Gaviscon Advanced at bedtime. Both consultants have said that the small segment of Barrett's will not put me to any significant risk and that no further surveillance
endoscopies are required. I was diagnosed with Barrett's August 2019 I would like to  ask Chris Robinson his advice. Thanks in advance

IP IP Logged
chrisrob
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote chrisrob Replybullet Posted: 16áSepá2020 at 4:20pm
This forum is not registering new members as activity is rare and bogus registrations were clogging the system.
We recommend members use this Facebook group instead. With over 7000 members and excellent moderators, answers to queries are usually quickly forthcoming.

Ultra short segment Barrett's with no complications may frequently be discharged as risk of mutation is very small.
PPI medication has been shown to reduce risk of mutation.

You may not experience heartburn or obvious reflux but it sounds as if you are getting some nocturnal reflux. Follow the lifestyle modification advice to reduce nocturnal reflux.

And you may not need the Gaviscon at night.
IP IP Logged
BMFP

Quote BMFP Replybullet Posted: 17áSepá2020 at 3:31pm
Thanks Chris for advice.
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version