Barrett's Oesophagus
 Barrett's Support Forum :Barrett's Support Forum :Barrett's Oesophagus
Message Icon Topic: Endoscopy Post Reply Post New Topic
Alan64

Online Status: Offline
Quote Alan64 Replybullet Topic: Endoscopy
    Posted: 15 Sep 2020 at 4:33pm
Hi there so im alan have been diagnosed 4 years ago, so test results came back on first endiscope no dysplasia, so i was given a 2 year gap until next test, had that done and my gp says it all looks similar to the last test, but i always get the impression hes not very clued in , so the other day the nurse from the hospital rings and says im due in a year after my last test for another one, i just thought ok but now im thinking why the change in schedule, and should i worry, so i thought id ask for opinions on here.

Thanks

Alan
IP IP Logged
chrisrob
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
Quote chrisrob Replybullet Posted: 16 Sep 2020 at 9:42am
Apologies for delay in replying. This forum had been showing no new activity apart from receiving half a dozen new members a day that were obviously fake, requiring removal to prevent everything seizing up. We have been suggesting users switch to the Facebook group Barrett's Esophagus Awareness if they are able instead with 7000 members. www.facebook.com/groups/barrettsesophagusawareness

I wouldn't read too much into the fact they've called you earlier than expected. There may be various reasons. It may be because they now have more time and capacity on their hands than originally thought, imagining they'd be swamped with Coronavirus, and they're utilising that time now in case they do start getting swamped with virus concerns later?
It may also be a clerical error whereby someone wrote the year down incorrectly.

Barrett's is very unlikely to change or mutate but the scope will just provide reassurance.
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version