Barrett's Oesophagus
 Barrett's Support Forum :Barrett's Support Forum :Barrett's Oesophagus
Message Icon Event: On going chest pain - Event Date: 08†Jun†2020 Post Reply Post New Topic
Jackie9

Online Status: Offline
Quote Jackie9 Replybullet Calendar Event: On going chest pain
    Posted: 07†Jun†2020 at 9:39am
Hi
Iíve posted a couple of times when I have been concerned about my Barrettís. But I just wanted some advice and hopefully reassurance.
Iíve had Barrettís for just over 5years itís short segment at about 37:38 cm down in my Oesophagus. Iíve had 2 scopes the last one being 2 years ago. My biopsies have shown no changes which of course is always a relief. I take lansoprazole and occasionally ranitidine and gaviscon. BUT I have never felt that my reflux is under control and during the last 18months have been suffering with periods of chest pain under my sternum which often migrates to my right shoulder. Of course Iíve ensured that this is not related to my heart, lungs etc. All clear gp suggested weak chest wall muscles? Anyway Iíve always thought itís acid reflux. My question is if the acid is causing the pain then will it be making the Barrettís worse.?Has it now moved higher up in my oesophagus and waiting another 15 months for my surveillance scope is too long. Iím very worried as this pain is a constant reminder that Iím damaging my Oesophagus. Any thoughts?
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version