Barrett's Oesophagus
 Barrett's Support Forum :Barrett's Support Forum :Barrett's Oesophagus
Message Icon Topic: Subsquamous metaplasia post ablation Post Reply Post New Topic
mwoodj
Newbie Plus
Newbie Plus

Online Status: Offline
Quote mwoodj Replybullet Topic: Subsquamous metaplasia post ablation
    Posted: 01 Apr 2019 at 5:55pm
How much of an issue is subsquamous intestinal metaplasia (buried BE) post ablation? I have seen some people reporting that standard endoscopy found CEIM (complete eradition of intestinal metaplasia) post ablation while subsequent endoscopy using the WATS 3D Brush found buried BE. Are any studies being done currently to determine the prevalence of this condition? When buried BE is found can it be targeted by further ablation or is it too deep? I'd also like to know where things stand on the WATS 3D Brush. I know it was in trial and it looked promising but it seems that the trial is over. Is there an expectation that the device is going to become available relatively soon?

Finally I have seen that some GIs suggest ablation to their NDBE patients if they are diagnosed at a particularly young age. I was diagnosed at 24. At that time RFA was still quite new. It is in wide use now and most people with HGD and a significant percentage of people with LGD get ablations. What are your thoughts on ablation for NDBE patients that are diagnosed in adolescence or early adulthood?

IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version