Barrett's Oesophagus
 Barrett's Support Forum :Barrett's Support Forum :Barrett's Oesophagus
Message Icon Topic: A balanced diet & kcal- Energy? Post Reply Post New Topic
nasdaq
Newbie Plus
Newbie Plus

Online Status: Offline
Quote nasdaq Replybullet Topic: A balanced diet & kcal- Energy?
    Posted: 19áNová2018 at 7:12am
Hi all,

as a lot of people recommend to eat healthy & balanced and not to eat too much - Can anybody tells me how much you eat exactly over a day?

I do running and make exercise so that my daily intake nutrition should be about 2800 kcal per day!

After my diagnosis I was first shocked and loses weight - about 4 kg (Now I have 70kg - 179cm - stable)

So I started to track my kcal - But I never reach about 2800 kcal !
Just about 1800 or 2100 per day.
(I eat less in the evening before 7pm)

Can you tell me how I can get healthy kcal? Whats is a small portion for you?
What do you eat over a day - just for me to imagine.

best

Edited by nasdaq - 19áNová2018 at 10:26am
IP IP Logged
chrisrob

Online Status: Offline
Quote chrisrob Replybullet Posted: 19áNová2018 at 10:17am
I've never counted my calorific intake and know it's probably pretty low. I'm about the same weight as you (~70Kg) but maybe a cm or two shorter (~175cm).
I'm not a super athlete but think nothing of cycling 50 miles. I used to do 20 - 30 miles cycle before breakfast and have undertaken long distance cycle challenges including over the Andes.
When I have done those challenges, we were always told we must eat a lot but I couldn't, typically consuming half the quantity of the other participants.

Because many people have previously asked me about my personal diet, I compiled a photo gallery here of my typical daily intake. I'm sure it's less than 2800 calories but I do know not to overfill my stomach (or I can experience dumping syndrome) so do top up during the day with snacks - which can include a bar of chocolate to boost energy if I'm lagging.

But if your weight is stable and you have enough energy to manage your lifestyle, I would have thought it would indicate your dietary intake sounds about right?
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version