Barrett's Support Forum :Barrett's Support Forum :Barrett's Oesophagus  
Message Icon Topic: Not Getting Any Better Post Reply Post New Topic
miljake
Newbie Plus
Newbie Plus

Online Status: Offline
Quote miljake Replybullet Topic: Not Getting Any Better
    Posted: 03 Nov 2018 at 1:25pm
I've been on PPI's since July trying both omeprazole which made me sick, then switched to Dexilant which was way too expensive and now on Nexium, 40mg 2x day. I've called the doctor a few times because I still have burning under my breast bone, especially at night, have constant mucus in my throat along with slight burning, overall feeling of not feeling well (if that makes sense). My doctor just told me to take antacids in between and take Mylanta in the evening when the burning wakes me up. The PPI's only quiet my symptoms for 5-6 hours and the antacids only work maybe 1-2 hours. I've done everything suggested from avoiding trigger foods, raising my bed, eating smaller meals, etc. I take aloe juice, DGL and manuka honey during the day. I'm not overweight (5'8"at 145lbs). I don't smoke (never have) nor do I drink. And I'm a 72 year old female cause you can't tell by my pen name.

I'm nervous and scared because this PPI regimen is not working. My symptoms have maginfied these past few months. My first question is; is this normal with GERD and Barretts? Do others have reflux symptoms even though they take meds for this condition. At what point do I get a second opinion; I like my doctor but he's minimized my condition and I'm a nervous wreck. My pathlogy report showed dysplasia in the crypt which didn't seem to concern my doctor at all. Of course I'm freaking out but he isn't. Can someone, anyone help me sort this out. I do have the Down with Acid book but I'm not finding specifics to what I'm feeling
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version