General
 Barrett's Support Forum :Barrett's Support Forum :General
Message Icon Event: A Highly Probable Barrett's - Event Date: 04 May 2018 Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 2
Inver_TOD
Newbie Plus
Newbie Plus

Online Status: Offline
Quote Inver_TOD Replybullet Posted: 17 May 2018 at 4:51pm
Hi chrisrob,
Well, I've just had a lengthy discussion with my Liaison Nurse who admits to not having fully read the Consultant's notes prior to and during our conversation yesterday.
The reality of the situation is that ---
(a) The results from my first Gastroscopy produced "doubt" in the Consultant's mind and brought about a referral for a repeat procedure.
(b) The repeat procedure not only confirmed that doubt, but indicated the presence of minute High Grade Dysplasia, with no cancerous growth.
(c) The next procedure showed a general improvement but, as it seemed likely the High Grade Dysplasia was still present, a referral for possible RFA/EMR was made. Again, no cancerous cells were discovered.
(d) Results following the procedure during which it had been envisaged the EMR would be carried out, resulted in no High Grade Dysplasia being found, nor cancerous cells either. The Consultant stated the ailment is Barrett's Oesophagus.
(e) Protein Pump Inhibitor medication is to be continued, together with a ** "trial and error" bland diet regime, and a further Gastroscopy is to be performed in 3 months time.
** This recommendation is for determining the possible cause(s) of a digestive disorder which has been intermittently present since the third Gastroscopy. (Stool samples show no disease present.)
I suppose having had four Gastroscopies, a Colonoscopy and a Sigmoidoscopy within an eight week period won't have helped such matters any!
So, it appears I shall (at least for the moment) live to fight another day.
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 2
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version