Barrett's Support Forum :Barrett's Support Forum :General
Message Icon Topic: Just diagnosed Post Reply Post New Topic
Fiona 398
Newbie Plus
Newbie Plus

Online Status: Offline
Quote Fiona 398 Replybullet Topic: Just diagnosed
    Posted: 07 Apr 2018 at 8:53pm
Hi. Just diagnosed and new to this forum. Very glad I have found you as, already, I have found lots of helpful discussions and positive thinking.
One thing that is really confusing me is that although I have had two rounds of triple drug therapy to treat a very persistent Helicobacter Pylori infection I have never had any burning or symptoms of GERD, I have only had terrible pain under my left rib area and lots of burping!   The consultant who carried out my second endoscopy (it wasn't picked up during the first one in November when the H Pylori was diagnosed) was worse than useless and basically has just sent me away to wait for 3 years - I'm going to see my own GP, who has been brilliant, to get some advice but just feel really scared of the 'what ifs' and want to find some practical changes to help manage this horrible condition.
IP IP Logged
pylorius
Newbie Plus
Newbie Plus

Online Status: Offline
Quote pylorius Replybullet Posted: 11 Apr 2018 at 9:45am
Hi Fiona

You are doing the right thing by going back to your GP and discussing it further. I presume you have or will have, once you visit your GP, a report following the endoscopy, this should be more enlightening.

Keep us informed.

Pylorius
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version