Support Forum
 Barrett's Support Forum :Barrett's Support Forum :Support Forum
Message Icon Topic: Surgery done Post Reply Post New Topic
bobdigi

Online Status: Offline
Quote bobdigi Replybullet Topic: Surgery done
    Posted: 19 Oct 2017 at 11:45am
Had my surgery yesterday. When I met the surgeon it was going to be a partial wrap instead of full wrap which I was surprised about. Part of me wishes I pushed for a full but he said success rates are about the same but partial has less future problems regarding dumping syndrome and inability to swallow or belch.
I'm a little concerned it hasn't worked for 2 reasons. First being I have a small burp after each sip of liquid. And yesterday I drunk one of the shakes and it   little bits kept refluxing back up. I spoke to the surgeon and he thinks managing small burps is a good sign. And maybe the drugs I was given for surgery added to the reflux. Who knows. I'm off the omeprazole now so I guess if I get acid in the next few days it'll be a bad sign. But I'm staying positive.
Shoulder pain has eased from yesterday. And pain wise I'm doing pretty well. Tender and sore around the abdomen and a little pain in my shoulders especially when I have to breath a little deeper. But on a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being bad, I'm probably at a 3. So not bad at all.
I walked around the block for ten minutes this morning. And intend on going for a walk tomorrow. I'll keep updating this post for anyone that cares.
Thanks, Bob.
IP IP Logged
chrisrob

Online Status: Offline
Quote chrisrob Replybullet Posted: 19 Oct 2017 at 1:02pm
Great going. best wishes for full and speedy recovery.

It's perfectly fine to manage to burp. It means it's not too tight. Hopefully not too loose.

The daily exercise regime is good. A little further each day and you'll soon regain your strength. Just avoid weightlifting!
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version