Barrett's Campaign Website
 Barrett's Support Forum :Barrett's Support Forum :Barrett's Campaign Website
Message Icon Topic: How about a chat section? Post Reply Post New Topic
Page  of 2 Next >>
chrisrob

Online Status: Offline
Quote chrisrob Replybullet Topic: How about a chat section?
    Posted: 21 Mar 2009 at 6:07pm
I know we could do it is a post within the normal forums, but recently there has been a lot of general chat & jokes and it's quite a refreshing extra feature.

Would anyone else think it a good idea that we had a chat section where we could all talk to our BO friends about anything we liked that didn't have to be quite so serious?
IP IP Logged
Suzy

Quote Suzy Replybullet Posted: 22 Mar 2009 at 8:32am

Chris

Excellent idea!  Thumbs%20Up  Suzy
IP IP Logged
DerekL
Groupie
Groupie

Quote DerekL Replybullet Posted: 23 Mar 2009 at 11:11am
Hi Chris

Great that you have now had your op and hope all going well.

This idea looks interesting and will be looked into.

Pleased to see that you are a "Senior Member" ...top left and I am a "Groupie" .... many are "Newby"

Have a great day and thanks for all your support on the Patients Forum.

Best Wishes Derek

IP IP Logged
grahamkent

Quote grahamkent Replybullet Posted: 30 Apr 2009 at 9:11pm

Hello Chris

That sounds like a good idea and be good for all new comers to beable to have a chat with someone straight away then having to wait for responses.

What do you think??

Keep up the good work

Graham

IP IP Logged
chrisrob

Quote chrisrob Replybullet Posted: 01 May 2009 at 8:31am
Hi again Graham,

Not sure how that would work. There'd have to be someone on-line all the time. (I spend a lot of my time on-line which is why I end up answering so many posts.)

The initial suggestion came when some of us were being quite light hearted and sharing a joke or two. It also comes from having edited and printed a regular newsletter in the past for people with Parkinson's. Although they wanted to know more about their condition and new research etc., the most popular feature was the "entertainment" section where we printed jokes and puzzles.
I thought some members might like a section where they could talk about anything other than Barretts?

Chris
IP IP Logged
karenjayne

Quote karenjayne Replybullet Posted: 01 May 2009 at 8:20pm
Hi Chris

I think a chat section would be great, it will really lift the spirits to not just do the medical thingBig%20smile

Are you still feeling well after your op?

I have met with Graham today, to discuss the opening of a Kent branch.  I wondered if you would mind us picking your brains on a few things if need be?

Karen

IP IP Logged
chrisrob

Quote chrisrob Replybullet Posted: 01 May 2009 at 10:39pm
Hi Karen,

I've already had quite a lot of contact with Graham via emails regarding ideas for the setting up of the Kent branch. I'm happy to give any help I can. Just ask.

Chris

IP IP Logged
XrugbygurlX
Newbie Plus
Newbie Plus

Quote XrugbygurlX Replybullet Posted: 09 Jun 2009 at 8:22pm
I think its a cool idea :D
IP IP Logged
Moggs

Quote Moggs Replybullet Posted: 11 Jun 2009 at 7:42pm
Chris

I'm not so sure about a chat session separate from this site.  I think it would just be one more site to keep looking at and complicate things. Keep it simple and it's more excessable to everyone. Ermm

Jokes on this site cheers up things on what could be just another medical chat site and I'm sure they cheer us all up.  LOL

I already look at everything that comes on this site. I then save any thing I particularly want to keep to look at later under a heading on my e-mail site.  If it's jokey it goes under the heading of Jokes etc. If its chat it would be Barrett's chat and more serious Barrets Forum. Little Miss Organized that's me Big%20smile

Moggs 

IP IP Logged
admin
Admin Group
Admin Group

Barretts Forum Admin

Quote admin Replybullet Posted: 31 Aug 2009 at 12:27pm

Hi to everyone

I'm Richard and I'm the new Forum Admin. I've been looking through the messages and came across this idea for the chat section.

Do you mean a chat enabled section like MSN Messenger where you can talk "live" to each other or a further group called (for example) Non Barretts Related Posts?

I am happy to look at any suggestions and report back however we would need to take into account any costs involved and possibly time to manage them as unfortunately spammers seem to get everywhere these days!

That said, feel free to post any ideas and we'll look at getting the best possible use from the Forum and the website.
IP IP Logged
Page  of 2 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version