Barrett's Oesophagus
 Barrett's Support Forum :Barrett's Support Forum :Barrett's Oesophagus
Message Icon Topic: Barrx done privately in UK Post Reply Post New Topic
Lex99

Online Status: Offline
Quote Lex99 Replybullet Topic: Barrx done privately in UK
    Posted: 12áMará2009 at 9:41pm
Hello,

I would like to know if there is a possibility in UK to have Halo ablation on non-displastic BE? Also, do people know if it is possible to do it privatelly and if yes what is the estimated cost of this procedure.

Thanks for help

Lex
IP IP Logged
GillR
Newbie Plus
Newbie Plus

Quote GillR Replybullet Posted: 12áMará2009 at 10:02pm
Cost is around ú5k privately.

Have a look at the thread titled 'Surgery' a few below this one.
IP IP Logged
gblyth
Groupie
Groupie

Quote gblyth Replybullet Posted: 13áMará2009 at 10:01pm
Dear Lex

The cost would  partly depend on the length of your non-dysplastic segment. UK based Gastroenterologists  may be willing to treat you under the auspicies of the Halo Registry being organized by UCH in London.

If you have a short (say less than 3cm segment) of Non Dysplastic Barretts then this should be easily removable with the Halo 90 device featured at www.barrx.com/HALO_Technology/index.cfm/4

This device is cheaper than the 360 and is being used widely in the USA for patients such as yourself.

All of the treatments so far in the UK have been with long segments of HGD and therefore require several treatments with both the 360 device followed by the HALO 90

If you send me a email and let me know your locating  I can send you details of doctors who may be able to advise you.

I would like to declare that I am a director of SynMed Limited the company that distributes the Halo Treatment from Barrx Medical in the UK.

Geoffrey Blyth

IP IP Logged
Bernard B-C

Quote Bernard B-C Replybullet Posted: 24áMará2009 at 1:58pm
Hi - just posted my first entry, then noticed Geoffrey's response to you.   This is a question for Geoffrey really - just wondered if the treatment at UCH under the auspices of the Halo Registry is done under the NHS?   If so, this would make it much cheaper for us, in view of the fact that I believe medical insurance [which I have] will not cover this procedure until it is approved by NICE.   Good luck!

Edited by Bernard B-C - 24áMará2009 at 2:11pm
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version