Message Icon Topic: foods to eat with barretts Post Reply Post New Topic
Page  of 2 Next >>
henge
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Quote henge Replybullet Topic: foods to eat with barretts
    Posted: 15áNová2016 at 10:51pm
hi anyone know about a proper diet to stick to with barretts diagnosed a month ago got to go back in 3 years for check up and been put on omerprozale 20mg , been loking at what to eat but searched the net and its the same old things that come up , can you eat baked beans with the sauce drained off ?? as it states tomatoes are off the diet , also is decaff tea ok ? and is it safe to take cod liver oil capsules just need a bit of advice , I don't even get any heartburn with this barretts never have also on the report it says prague class 5 and 3 anyone know what that means also
I'm new on here so thanks if anyone got any advice
regards
Geoff
IP IP Logged
jcombs99

Quote jcombs99 Replybullet Posted: 15áNová2016 at 10:57pm
U have "Silent Reflux" like I did which mine turned into HGD which can KILL U .Chris will be by and barretts is no joke and HOW big is ur HH????

Take Care

CHEERs

Edited by jcombs99 - 15áNová2016 at 10:58pm
IP IP Logged
henge
Groupie
Groupie

Quote henge Replybullet Posted: 15áNová2016 at 11:20pm
what you mean by how big is my HH ?
IP IP Logged
chrisrob
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote chrisrob Replybullet Posted: 15áNová2016 at 11:22pm
Hi Henge,

Firstly do not be ruled by diet and food lists. Most of them propagate myths and misconceptions.
Your stomach produces strong acid. The acidity of food entering it makes virtually no difference. If the stomach becomes too alkali it will produce more acid and vice versa.

It's not so much what we eat as how we eat that's important. Having said that, keep a food diary and see whether you have any particular trigger foods to avoid. (For me it was pastry. Tomatoes in any form have never been a problem.)
The myths grow anecdotally. Someone says a particular food was a trigger for them and others think it must affect them also.

Spicy foods are a point in mind. We all experience a burn at the back of the throat when eating a hot curry. If you have oesophagitis, you may also feel a burn as it passes over the affected area - in the same way as pouring lemon juice over a cut will hurt but not harm. (My charity has an annual curry evening instigated by our senior gastroenterologist. Qick advert. Anyone within range of Southampton, our next one is on (heart)Burn's night, 25th January, for just ú15.)

As many as 50% of those with Barrett's report they have never felt the heartburn that is usually experienced with the acid reflux that caused it.

If you do want a book of recipes that have worked for other acid reflux sufferers, you can download a free copy of our "Cool Food" cookbook
here.

The Prague classification is described at the bottom of this page.
It is composed of a c number, showing the width in centimetres of a cirumferential band, and an m number which shows the maximum extent of any tongues.

Read this page to learn the genesis of your Barrett's.

All the best
Chris
IP IP Logged
jcombs99

Quote jcombs99 Replybullet Posted: 15áNová2016 at 11:29pm
OOP's the "Down with Acid " LINK which should be read 5x to Fully understand it and which will tell U what a HH is .
CHEERs   

Edited by jcombs99 - 15áNová2016 at 11:30pm
IP IP Logged
henge
Groupie
Groupie

Quote henge Replybullet Posted: 16áNová2016 at 9:33am
thanks chris for that useful info much obliged I forgot to add if its safe to take vitamins also with the condition
cheers
henge
IP IP Logged
jcombs99

Quote jcombs99 Replybullet Posted: 16áNová2016 at 11:19am
Read the book but U should be on Vit D for Bone less and B-Complex high dose too. Take with food or u can get heartburn .
IP IP Logged
henge
Groupie
Groupie

Quote henge Replybullet Posted: 16áNová2016 at 12:25pm
where can I download the link down with acid ??
IP IP Logged
jcombs99

Quote jcombs99 Replybullet Posted: 16áNová2016 at 12:35pm
b

Edited by jcombs99 - 16áNová2016 at 12:37pm
IP IP Logged
chrisrob
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote chrisrob Replybullet Posted: 16áNová2016 at 12:36pm
The book is available to peruse as an on-line website or a pdf download from www.DownWithAcid.org.uk
or email me your address and I'll send you a free printed copy, thanks to a grant from Southampton City Council).
Cheers
Chris
IP IP Logged
Page  of 2 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version