Message Icon Topic: Diagnosed with a raised node Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 10 Next >>
steelee
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Quote steelee Replybullet Posted: 10áJulá2016 at 6:05pm
Hi all again,

Been to see consultant who said as far as can tell it is a fully resected intramucosal carcinoma, does not appear to have invaded lymph nodes as far as they can tell although there is a very small possibility of some residual cancer that would not show up on scans. As there is only between 1 and 4% chance of this compared to a 5+% chance of not making it through surgery and the fact it would be a major operation we have decided to go with RFA, 2 sessions 12 weeks apart with an EMR in between to check nodes again, then scope/EMR every 3 months for at least 2 years moving to every 6 months until they can be as confident as they can all is well, have said at any point in time they are not happy they will remove oesophagus.......All seems a bit surreal but could be worse!!
Just want to say thank you to every one on this site as it's been really helpful being able to talk about it as that's not something I normally do!!!.
IP IP Logged
Jeannie
Newbie Plus
Newbie Plus

Quote Jeannie Replybullet Posted: 10áJulá2016 at 6:56pm
Thanks for updating us Steelee and great news that they will be monitoring you extremely closely. A very worrying thing for you - anyone would feel the same - but the good news is that they have caught it all early enough. Fingers crossed all will be well for you from now on and the treatment gets rid of everything for you.

Come and voice your worries anytime - this is a lovely forum for that - Chris is so up to date with all the latest treatments etc and is always very reassuring to anyone worried.

Take care and good luck
IP IP Logged
jcombs99

Quote jcombs99 Replybullet Posted: 10áJulá2016 at 7:12pm
Steel
Your doing a good job you must be doing research .My 8cm of HGD was RFA every TWO months (4x) your EMR healed in 30 days and RFA is Nutthing compered to EMR .It has to be Healed to do RFA . I don't understand WHY they wait THREE MONTHS time is very important U may have LGD or HGD like your FINE Doc stated ASK THE DOC WHY !!My Doc who is a Top Gun does a Biopsies every single time where the HGD was after 8 years .I TOAD U it will be like 2 years really before the Docs can give U the normal thing because like they TOAD U something can POP UP .
Acid control is really all U can do Sir .

Thanks for making my weekend !!!
Jeff

Edited by jcombs99 - 10áJulá2016 at 7:12pm
IP IP Logged
jcombs99

Quote jcombs99 Replybullet Posted: 10áJulá2016 at 7:23pm
Steel
One more thing find the Doc who did the EMR and tell him to turn around and drop his pants and bend over then KISS his backside .I would do that for my Doc @ the SUPER BOWL .. I LOVE having my O I need it for Cheap French Wine !!!

When I'm dead my Hospital gets it all and they know it .

CHEERs Mate    

Edited by jcombs99 - 10áJulá2016 at 7:29pm
IP IP Logged
steelee
Groupie
Groupie

Quote steelee Replybullet Posted: 10áJulá2016 at 10:08pm
Originally posted by jcombs99

Steel
One more thing find the Doc who did the EMR and tell him to turn around and drop his pants and bend over then KISS his backside .I would do that for my Doc @ the SUPER BOWL .. I LOVE having my O I need it for Cheap French Wine !!!

When I'm dead my Hospital gets it all and they know it .

CHEERs Mate    [IMG]smileys/smiley1.gif" align="middle" /> [IMG]smileys/smiley17.gif" align="middle" /> [IMG]smileys/smiley36.gif" align="middle" /> [IMG]smileys/smiley4.gif" align="middle" /> [IMG]smileys/smiley32.gif" align="middle" />

Thanks Jeff you always manage to bring a smile to my face😂
IP IP Logged
chrisrob

Quote chrisrob Replybullet Posted: 10áJulá2016 at 10:51pm
Great news,
All the best for continuing treatment.
IP IP Logged
paulb
Groupie
Groupie

Quote paulb Replybullet Posted: 12áJulá2016 at 7:18am
Good news!

When you say EMR every three months, do you mean EUS?

Paul
IP IP Logged
steelee
Groupie
Groupie

Quote steelee Replybullet Posted: 12áJulá2016 at 10:57am
Yes sorry EUS
IP IP Logged
jcombs99

Quote jcombs99 Replybullet Posted: 13áJulá2016 at 3:14pm
Steelee
     Plus when they do the RFA right before they do a mini EGD to check. Then they do the RFA or take biopsies like 1 or 2. or do another EUS .U don't want to RFA something that could have cancer under it. Then it could Pop Up later .Lot cheaper and better for the Young Tax Payer then Removal .
Keep us posted we learning more.
IP IP Logged
steelee
Groupie
Groupie

Quote steelee Replybullet Posted: 05áSepá2016 at 8:04pm
Hi all, sorry it's been a while but have been away in a remote part of the world with no internet access!
Went to have first session of RFA today but they didn't do it as discovered another definite raised node at 35cm, this was well away from the initial EMR, it was removed with another EMR so am awaiting results to see if its another tumour.:-(
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 10 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version