Barrett's Support Forum :Barrett's Support Forum :General
Message Icon Event: Newbie - Event Date: 13 Feb 2016 Post Reply Post New Topic
Louise
Newbie Plus
Newbie Plus

Online Status: Offline
Quote Louise Replybullet Calendar Event: Newbie
    Posted: 13 Feb 2016 at 4:27pm
Hi there I'm 33, had a stomach bug in October and since then, have struggled to eat without getting a tummy ache and like something was stuck in my throat continued hardly could eat at all.
Turned to complain and baby food for a while then went to docs was prescribed esomeprazole, gaviscon and buscopan.
Diet is very limited at moment 10 days ago I had a endoscopy they found a hiatus hernia very inflamed and all so esophegitius.
I am currently in a lot of pain everything I eat I had massive amounts of reflux and gurgling in my tummy it hurts to laugh and I have that sick feeling in my throat.
Have a list of trigger foods but just feel like giving up as everything I eat or touch makes it worse any advice would be great full X
IP IP Logged
jcombs99

Quote jcombs99 Replybullet Posted: 13 Feb 2016 at 5:15pm
Louise
Sounds like U were Fine before bug correct ??? If that's true look in that direction not Heartburn(REFLUX)the doctors are treating what happened after .
   Me and my X were in bed for a WEEK with the bug common sense would tell U that's it .
I'm sure Chris will respond ..

CHEERs   
IP IP Logged
Louise
Newbie Plus
Newbie Plus

Quote Louise Replybullet Posted: 13 Feb 2016 at 6:08pm
No not really had few symptoms times before but never lasted as long
IP IP Logged
jcombs99

Quote jcombs99 Replybullet Posted: 13 Feb 2016 at 6:16pm
L
   OK ! So you had troubles before so go online and start looking meanwhile working with your doctors .
IP IP Logged
Louise
Newbie Plus
Newbie Plus

Quote Louise Replybullet Posted: 13 Feb 2016 at 6:39pm
I have and that's why I've come on here
IP IP Logged
jcombs99

Quote jcombs99 Replybullet Posted: 13 Feb 2016 at 6:43pm
Good !! go on WEBmd and many hospital sites and type in what you have .We aren't doctors here so be looking we are one of many .
IP IP Logged
chrisrob

Quote chrisrob Replybullet Posted: 13 Feb 2016 at 6:45pm
Hi Louise,

Have you been tested for H-Pylori? That bacterium can produce many of the stomach symptoms.

Otherwise, it sounds like acid-hypersecretion which a few weeks of PPI (eg esomeprazole) should reduce.

If you have been given a list of trigger foods, use it as a list of suggestions. Most people are not affected by everything on the list; you need to determine your own particular triggers by keeping a food diary. We are all different and react to foods differently - either as a result of our stomach "learning" as we grew up or by differences in our gut bacteria.

Hiatus hernia is quite common in the population. It means the lower oesophageal sphincter cannot close properly so reflux from the stomach into the oesophagus is facilitated. If that is carrying acid, it causes the scarring and inflammation of oesophagitis. Practically anything passing over this open wound can cause irritation so for now you may need to find what you can eat that is kinder. If the drugs do their work, the inflammation will die down in a week or two.

Meanwhile if you want to read up more about it, there is the Down With Acid book.
IP IP Logged
Louise
Newbie Plus
Newbie Plus

Quote Louise Replybullet Posted: 13 Feb 2016 at 6:51pm
I am but came on here for advice from people and realise I am an idividual have done my research
IP IP Logged
Louise
Newbie Plus
Newbie Plus

Quote Louise Replybullet Posted: 13 Feb 2016 at 6:52pm
Thanks you very much for reply I lean every day which things trigger very much trial and error.
Was also wondering if gluten free would do any good as I'm finding bread is making things worse.
IP IP Logged
jcombs99

Quote jcombs99 Replybullet Posted: 13 Feb 2016 at 9:05pm
L
        In the USA we always test for H-p BUT !!! call your office or Doc and Check on Monday THEN ask when u see him .Any infection can do that no fun being sick ..
   Some PPI's made me sick as in bathroom or throw up check your time line when it started or got worse ect . .

Edited by jcombs99 - 13 Feb 2016 at 9:09pm
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version