General
 Barrett's Support Forum :Barrett's Support Forum :General
Message Icon Topic: Yet another appt. blunder Post Reply Post New Topic
Sandra W

Online Status: Offline
Quote Sandra W Replybullet Topic: Yet another appt. blunder
    Posted: 14 Jun 2015 at 10:55am
Hi to all,

When I attended the clinic in March, the consultant put in a form for my follow-up scope which is due now (June).  Not long afterwards, I called to book the appt and was given Monday, 29 June at 10am.  As all my previous scopes had been on Wednesday mornings, I mentioned this but was told that this time it would be on a Monday.  The booking was confirmed, and I was looking forward getting the results.

Last week I got a letter from the hospital telling me that my appt had been rescheduled for Wednesday, 17 June at 9am.  As it wasn't possible for me to get time off at such short notice, I called the hospital to let them know.  When I asked why my appt had been changed, I was told the booking had been a mistake as the consultant could only do this procedure on a Wednesday morning.

So, the scope's due and there are no alternative appts available and I'll probabaly have to wait a few months now.  It's not the first time they've messed up like this.  On one occasion I queried a booking several times but nobody checked it out and got back to me.  The result was that I turned up only to be sent home again because my appt had been booked at the wrong hospital site.

Don't know where that hospital gets these bloody idiots, but I'm truly sick of them.  Considering writing in a complaint, also asking my GP to arrange for me to continue my follow-up elsewhere.

Hope you guys are making better progress than I am! LOL!

Sandra W.
E-mail: swilliams888@hotmail.co.uk
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version