Barrett's Support Forum :Barrett's Support Forum :Support Forum
Message Icon Topic: Challenge yourself Post Reply Post New Topic
chrisrob
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
Quote chrisrob Replybullet Topic: Challenge yourself
    Posted: 21 Nov 2012 at 6:21pm
Fancy climbing 24 peaks in 24 hours for £65 (plus minimum sponsorship of £775), cycling 234 miles from London to Paris in 3 days and returning on Eurostar, walking the Great Wall of China or skiing the last 70 miles to the South Pole in 19 days towing your gear on a sledge in temperatures of –40 degrees for between 8 and 12 hours a day (for £39,500 self funding)?

These are just some of the many challenges arranged by Charity Challenge that anyone may participate in to raise funds for Barrett's Oesophagus Campaign.

From the poles to the Sahara, from Africa to the Amazon, trekking, running, cycling, climbing, skiing, sledging and canoeing, Charity Challenge has many ideas to tempt and challenge.

Visit www.charitychallenge.com to see if there's anything you, or someone you know, may fancy tackling.

And there are now some challenges aimed especially for the over 50's.

I'm off on my challenge tomorrow. If you want to follow my blog you may do so here.

Thanks to all who have sponsored me: £1253.75 of my £1000 target so far.

Cheers

Chris

Edited by chrisrob - 21 Nov 2012 at 6:22pm
IP IP Logged
chrisrob
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
Quote chrisrob Replybullet Posted: 07 Dec 2012 at 11:04pm
Did anyone see the programme on Channel 5 tonight about "North Pole Airport"? The charity group who were trekking to the North Pole was doing it through Charity Challenge. Obviously that is one of the more extreme challenges offered.

Anyone wanting to know what it's like to undertake a Charity Challenge can read my account in the latest Barrett's Wessex newsletter which may be downloaded by clicking on this link.

I am presently considering undertaking the Machu Picchu to the Amazon cycle challenge in October 2014.

Anyone care to join me to raise funds for BOC (or Barrett's Wessex)?

Chris
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version