Support Forum
 Barrett's Support Forum :Barrett's Support Forum :Support Forum
Message Icon Event: Raising funds - Event Date: 22 Nov 2012 Post Reply Post New Topic
chrisrob

Online Status: Offline
Quote chrisrob Replybullet Calendar Event: Raising funds
    Posted: 31 Oct 2012 at 9:42am
In three weeks I shall be setting off to cycle through Vietnam and Cambodia, from Saigon to Angkor Wat, raising funds for Barrett's Wessex to raise awareness of the condition in a bid to reduce the number of deaths from oesophageal cancer.

I have at last managed to set up a Virgin Money Giving page to accept donations from anyone wishing to sponsor me. It may be accessed here.

My trip is being organised by Charity Challenge who organise all sorts of challenges from climbing Mount Kilimanjaro to dog sledding in Lapland.

Are you up to a challenge? Both Barrett's Oesophagus Campaign and Barrett's Wessex are registered with Charity Challenge if you wish to check them out and challenge yourself to raise much needed funds.

I am entirely self funding for my trip, so every penny donated (plus Gift Aid) will go to the charity.

Chris
IP IP Logged
dereklarcombe
Newbie Plus
Newbie Plus

Quote dereklarcombe Replybullet Posted: 01 Nov 2012 at 4:48pm
Chris has done more for sufferers of Barretts over the last 5 year than anyone I know.
PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU SHOW YOUR SUPPORT BY MAKING A DONATION
NOW.
IP IP Logged
chrisrob

Quote chrisrob Replybullet Posted: 06 Nov 2012 at 11:39pm
Less than a week after setting up my Virgin Money Giving page and I am half way to my target - with another two weeks still to go before I leave.

Thank you to all who have donated so far.

If you wish to help, please click on this link.

Barrett's Wessex can use every penny we get. I don't mind if I exceed my target.
And for anyone who may worry, I am entirely self funding on this trip: every penny donated (plus Gift Aid) goes to the charity.

Thanks

Chris

P.S. I shall attempt to blog from my trip here.
IP IP Logged
chrisrob

Quote chrisrob Replybullet Posted: 18 Nov 2012 at 10:54am
A big THANK YOU to everyone who is sponsoring me on my Saigon - Angkor Wat cycling challenge.

4 days to go before my departure and your generous donations mean I have exceeded my arbitrary £1000 target for Barrett's Wessex for

> Awareness raising - we want to stop people dying from ignorance of the condition
> Equipment purchase - there are new devices to help the diagnosis and treatment of Barrett's Wessex
> Supporting the work of Barrett's Oesophagus Campaign - maintaining the UK Barrett's registry and supporting research
> The day to day running costs of the charity - highest cost is postage

I hope to maintain a blog here.
Depending upon facilities etc, I cannot guarantee to update it each day but will try - and there'll be an album of photos afterwards for anyone that's interested.

Thanks

Chris                  
IP IP Logged
chrisrob

Quote chrisrob Replybullet Posted: 02 Dec 2012 at 12:17pm
Back from my challenge. It's 38 hours since I got up to see the sunrise over Angkor Wat following the completion of the route on Friday.
My blog may be read here.

It was an amazing experience and I'd love to do something similar in a couple of years.
Does anyone feel like joining me if I can manage to get enough funds together to try cycling from Macchu Picchu to the Amazon?
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version